Discover your new favourite artist
At Halfway 2 Nowhere we have been helping people discover their new favourite band and singer-songwriter for almost four years. Through our annual “World Cup of Artists” as well as our regular blog posts, our aim is to help you find the new Oasis, the next Pulp or just your own favourite grassroots act.
Where did it all start
In 2017, our editor, Adam Graver, went to Kazoopa Festival, a small day fest in Leeds City Centre ran by the guys at Double Denim. That day, he discovered some of the best new talent the UK had to offer, and it was all in for just £10. The day was packed full of top venues, hosting the best new talent, and it sparked a desire to start a music blog. Since then, over 500 articles have been written about new talent whether it be live music reviews, new music coverage or fun Q&As with artists across the UK. This will always be the home of H2N and we hope you enjoy reading and consuming the articles we post.
The Halfway 2 Nowhere Radio Show
Wednesday 6-7pm on Jorvik Radio
Every week on Jorvik Radio, a community radio station based in York, our editor Adam hosts a one hour show, featuring the best in new music across the country.
Live in the York area, you can tune in on 94.8FM. Nationally you can listen live on http://www.jorvikradio.com
Want to be played? Head to the bottom of the page and submit your details!
- SINGLE REVIEW: You Give Me Chills – The Vitrines.One of the great, yet-to-be-written books on modern music will have a title like ‘The Evolution of The Duo in Popular Music: 1970 – 2020’. The Seventies were all about […]
- RELEASE: First Wave of Acts Announced for Live at Leeds in the City 2021!In the year that live music finally makes a comeback, Live at Leeds returns for a day full of the hottest breakthrough bands on the UK music scene, this time […]
- ALBUM REVIEW: When Does It Become Real? – The Rah’s.In a week in which the news was dominated by local elections and politics, Prestonpans five piece The Rah’s released their debut album – When Does It Become Real? Unlike […]
- REVIEW: Love Bites – York Theatre RoyalMonday 17th May 2021. The day, some form of normality returned to the City of York as the city institution that is York Theatre Royal, reopened it’s doors. Love Bites […]
- RELEASE: Manic Street Preachers announce new album ‘The Ultra Vivid Lament’Manic Street Preachers return with their 14th studio album ‘The Ultra Vivid Lament’ on 3rd September 2021 released on Columbia/Sony and have announced a tour for this autumn. ‘Orwellian’ – the first track to be released (today – […]
- RELEASE: Tramlines Festival Launches Apply to Launch SchemeEmerging artists and bands can now apply to play at Sheffield’s biggest music festival as it continues to support new and undiscovered talent. Tramlines, Sheffield’s biggest music festival, has announced […]
- Doncaster Racecourse confirms star-studded summer line-up of musicLive music is almost back and so is live sport, so what better way to get back into the swing of things than combining the two for one of your […]
- SINGLE REVIEW: These New Communications – Barbara.Brighton duo Barbara (brothers Henry and John Tydeman) share many of the qualities of the Roman god Janus, famed for his appearance over the the doorways of ancient Roman homes. […]
- Sunday Six – 11th AprilOK, I know it’s been a while, but we used to frequent put out a Sunday 6, a little article featuring our favourite six new releases from the previous Friday. […]
Get your music featured
Have a new single coming out? Want your new music premiering here on Halfway 2 Nowhere or over on Adam’s show on Jorvik Radio? Get in touch.